Yes, you did read the title correctly. I was a bit cautious of trying savoury oats, but thought I would see what all the fuss was about! I must admit, I still prefer sweet oats, but savoury oats were still delicious and is a quick & easy breakfast or lunch alternative!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 50g Jumbo Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 3 Chestnut Mushrooms
- Handful of dried Shiitake Mushrooms (soaked for at least 12 hours- drain but make sure you keep 200ml of the water)
- 2 tsp dried Thyme
- 100ml Oat Milk (or any milk alternative)
- In a small pan on a medium heat, sauté the Garlic with the Olive Oil for 3-5 minutes
- Add the Mushrooms and sauté for a further 5 minutes
- Add the Thyme and combine well. Keep a few spoonfuls of the Mushrooms to one side so that you can use it as a topping
- Add the Oats, Mushroom stock water and Oat Milk. Combine well and bring to the boil
- Once boiled, continuously stir on a low heat for 5 minutes, add more Oat Milk if the mixture gets too thick
- Serve in a medium bowl and serve with the reserved Mushrooms. Enjoy!