What better combination that BBQ sauce and pulled Mushrooms? Perfect in a big roll with some vegan cheese and greens!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 5 small Portobello Mushrooms, chopped into thin strips
- 2 tbsp vegan BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Onion (red or white) finely chopped
- A Wholemeal Bun, halved
- Vegan cheese (I use Violife Mozzarella)
- Heat up the Olive Oil in a small saucepan on a low heat and sauté the Onion for 5 minutes or until softened
- Add the Mushroom strips and sauté for a further 5-10 minutes or until softened
- Add the BBQ sauce and Apple Cider Vinegar and combine well
- Cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes, so the BBQ Sauce becomes even thicker. Make sure to stir frequently.
- Place some Spinach over the two bread roll halves and then evenly distribute the BBQ Mushrooms between the two
- Place some chunks of cheese over the top and grill for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Combine into one giant roll or enjoy as two halves!