Beans on toast has always been one of my favourite meals. However the amount of sugar and salt in an average tin encouraged me to make my own version and it does not disappoint!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 diced Shallot (or half of a small white Onion)
- 2 chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 tin chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tin Haricot Beans
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp mixed Italian Herbs
(Can make BBQ beans by adding 3-4 tbsp of BBQ sauce and some chopped mushrooms)
- Jacket Potato, Toast or as a side
- Heat the Oil in a small pan on a low heat and add the chopped Shallot/Onion and Garlic for 2-3 minutes
- Add the Tomatoes, Beans, Apple Cider Vinegar, Italian Herbs and combine. Crumble the Stock Cube into the pan and stir through
- Allow the mixture to come to the boil and then leave to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently
- Serve on a Jacket Potato, Toast or as a side dish.