Chocolate and Orange are my favourite sweet combination. I always get peckish between breakfast and lunch and these fudgy, chocolatey bars will give you the boost that you need.
- 380g Dates (I used a combination of regular dates and Medjool dates)
- 100g Pecans (or whichever nut/s you prefer)
- 4tbsp Cacoa powder
- 2tbsp ground Chia seeds
- 3tsp orange flavouring
- Chop the Dates into quarters and remove any pips
- In a food processor, add a 1/4 of each of the ingredients so that layers will form. Repeat until all the ingredients are in the processor (so that the ingredients will become well combined while processing)
- Process all the ingredients in the processor for 1-2 minutes, or until the ingredients are well combined and in one solid dough-like texture
- Line a medium baking or glass tray with baking paper
- Place the mixture in the tray and push flat to the sides
- Place into the fridge for one hour. Then slice into rectangular shapes and enjoy!
(To store: Fridge in a sealed container)