Blueberries are my favourite fruit, therefore I do not need much of an excuse to cook with them! This compote adds the perfect sweetness to your morning porridge. It also makes a great gift for any friends or loved ones!
Ingredients (1 medium jar):
- 1 bag Frozen Blueberries (400g)
- 2 peeled, cored and chopped Bramley Apples
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 3 tbsp Water
- Place half the Blueberries, Sugar and Water into a medium pan on a medium heat and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the Apples and the remaining Blueberries
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for a further 20 minutes
- Leave to completely cool before pouring into a jar
- Best served with Porridge, Chia Seeds, Peanut Butter, Maple Syrup and Coconut Flakes. Or with Homemade Granola (see previous) and Yoghurt.