So I am always trying to think of ways to make my favourite snacks healthy and nutritious. These Banana Oat Cookies are such a yummy alternative to regular cookies. In fact, they are so good that I just ate three in one go, oops!
Ingredients (makes 10 cookies):
- 1/2 cup dates (soaked for 10-20 minutes in water and then drained)
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Almond Milk (or any milk alternative)
- 1/2 cup Banana Chip Flour
- 1 cup Jumbo Rolled Oats
- 3 tbsp Sultanas or Raisins
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Nibs (or chopped dark chocolate)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays with baking paper
- Place the Dates, Banana, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon and Almond Milk in a food processor and blitz for 2-3 minutes or until well combined
- Then add the Oats and Banana Chip Flour and blend for a further minute or until well combined
- Place the mixture into a medium bowl and add the Sultanas/Raisins and Cocoa Nibs.
- Combine well with your hands until the Sultanas/Raisins and Cocoa Nibs are well combined in the mixture.
- The mixture should be quite stiff- but if it is too stiff just add a splash of Almond Milk
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place on the baking tray and press down with your fingers to make them look like a cookie shape.
- Repeat until you have used up all the mixture
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown
- Let the cookies cool once cooked and enjoy!