These Energy Balls are perfect before the gym when you need a boost of energy without eating a big meal. They are also a delicious chocolatey snack that match perfectly with a cup of tea.
Ingredients (serves 12):
- 180g Pitted Dates (around 24 Dates)
- 1 cup Banana Chip Flour (available in specialist food stores)
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut (extra for coating)
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Nibs
- Soak the Dates for 1 hour in cold water to soften
- Drain and dry the Dates and place all of the ingredients in a food processor
- Blitz until well combined (1-2 minutes)
- Fill a small bowl with the extra Desiccated Coconut
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the mixture and roll into a ball with your hands
- Cover the balls in the extra Coconut
- Place the balls on a tray covered in baking paper and place into the fridge for at least an hour
- Place the balls into a sealed box and enjoy!